C3 radio problem

I've a 6 yo C3 1.1 SX. The CLARION RD3-01 car radio "died" 2 days ago (the CD section is working fine but all the FM band is just noise, so I assume the tuner needs to be replaced). Anyway, I just assembled a used radio/cd player I have and the central display is just gone mad! Clock not working wrong info about doors, etc (the frequency and the steering wheel controls are not working but that I was aware of). Can these problem be solved? What do I need? Sorry for any mistakes but English is not my first language. Thanks for your support

Reply to
athena

Why do you suggest that, have you confirmed that your car antenna is still functioning correctly?

An auto electrician who knows what they are doing, hopefully you (or who ever) has not 'killed' the cars central control system...

Reply to
:Jerry:

The experts on the Picasso owners forum

normally suggest disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to reboot the car's computer after changing the stereo. I expect that the same would be true of the C3 TF

Reply to
Tony F

Err, most people would suggest disconnecting the battery before changing the radio or delving into a dashboard assembly...

Anyway, the above problem has made be remember of a fault I once had to trace on a Fiat were similar "The dashboard has gone mad" problem had occoured, turned out to be a missing ground (earth) wire for the main processing unit, once the unit was correctly grounded everything went back to normal.

Reply to
:Jerry:

First thank you for the repplies. Yes. I tried a different radio (the one who drives the display "crazy") and the radio is working perfectly. So the bad connection/ antenna probles are ruled out. And the radio when I start the car in the morning is working fine. After 10 to 15 minutes the problem starts and I can only receive noise (no matter which frequency is tuned). After switching off for 2 hours, it starts working again! I assume one electronic component have a thermal failure. I will try the switch off the battery trick to see if the car recognise the used radio. What I really like to know is if there is a way to have the controls back in the steering wheel and the central display working. BTW and as a side note, I've contacted Clarion portuguese representatives (I live in Portugal) and they don't give technical support/repair to those models made for auto manufacturers!!! Is that normal?

Reply to
vascoadao

Yes, but you need a radio that supports such integration into the cars electrical system, this might be a commercial after market system or have to be a PSA supplied radio - it all depends on how the cars electronic system works.

Reply to
:Jerry:

bob snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@b2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...

Reply to