C3 rear suspension problems

I have a 53 reg C3 desire 1.4i petrol manual.

The rear suspension is making creaking noises. There are two noises which may or may not be related:

  1. A loud creak from the rear end of the car when it is stationary when anyone gets into or out of the car. The noise is less obvious when the handbrake is on REALLY tightly, but doesn't always go away, even then.
  2. A creak from the rear end of the car when your are driving on a rough road or over speed humps etc.

My Citroen dealer says that the two noises are not related (seems odd to me) and seems incapable of rectifying either noise. They have now had it in 8 times and each time it is just as bad when they have finished with it as it was when they started. This week they totally dismantled the rear suspension, replaced anything worn and put it all back together again. Net improvement: nil. I am beginning to suspect that the noise(s) may not be directly related to the suspension at all.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me? The car is just over 2 years old and the suspension(?) has creaked for nearly a year! Any suggestions as to what I should do next?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Reply to
Andrew