C3 Remote key fails to open the doors

The remote-key of my C3 1.1i, fails to open the door when pressing the open button on the key. Closing the doors is no problem. Opening only works just after I have turned off the engine. But a few hours later when I return to my car and try to open the doors, It doesn't work.

I can't be the radio? The Citroen Dealer transfered my Panasonic radio/CD from my old AX to the C3. Last week I did take this radio out and build in a Kenwood Radio/CD/MP3. I just connected the Iso-Connectors to the new radio, just Plug & Play.

Has Anyone any idea or the same problem?

Reply to
VTR16V

what happens when you use the key???

could it be the battery?

have you tried holding the auto-lock button in the car down for over ten seconds or until it bleeps....

Reply to
Sam Holt

The doors just don't open after closing them and waiting a few minutes. But the problem is solved. When I replaced the radio by a new one, I didn't use a connector with 12V directly from the battery. This connector was build in by the dealer and it didn't look like it was standard from the factory. This connector had to be connected between the standard ISO connector and the radio. The 12V power on the ISO connector is only suitable for the standard Citroen Radio. Any other radio requires 12V directly from the battery.

Now the major question is why? and what is the relation of this to the central locking and the remote key? The car is controlled by a computer, Citroen calls this a BSI unit. The car is also equipped with multiplex wiring, one wire carries multiple signals, just like a computer network. The 12V from the standard ISO is coming from this BSI. When turing off the engine and closing the doors, the radio is still using a little bit power, to keep the radio station presets and other settings in his memmory. When the BSI detects the use of power when the engine is turned of and the doors closed, it puts itself into sleepmode, to prevent that the battery gets down. This also results that the doors can't be opened by pressing on the remote key.

The dealer solved this problem. Some guys on a Dutch Citroen Forum told me about this.

"Sam Holt" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
VTR16V

VTR16V ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable.

How the hell do PSA get away with putting something this buggy into production?

Swap the radio, and you can't unlock the car. Amazing.

Reply to
Adrian

"Adrian" schreef in bericht news:Xns94E6D0735D69Dadrianachapmanfreeis@130.133.1.4...

Also unbelievable it that the Citroen dealer charged 25 euro for solving this problem. The car is from my aunt, and it is not her first Citroen she did buy there, but it seems to me that this is the last one. Next time other Citroen Dealer, with better service.

Reply to
VTR16V