C3 Shakes...

Hi
My wifes C3 (3 years old but only 12k miles) has developed a quite severe shake/vibration, (Think badly out of balance wheel) at between 50 and 60 mph - But only under power - Hitting the clutch stops the
shakes instantly. The shake feels slightly lateral/side to side.
Dealer has re-balanced the wheels and spent '3 hours' inspecting everything but can find nothing. He now suggests 'fetching the gearbox out'...
Anyone got any thoughts on this one??
Nige
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
snipped-for-privacy@dial.pipex.com wrote:

I imagine your clutch or dual mass flywheel has started to break up ...
12k miles is not long for either of these so I would suggest a component quality issue is to blame - therefore kick up a fuss and expect the dealer to fix it FOC - they should be able to recover the costs from head office ...
all the best
‚úĖ