C3 Stalling: Question about idling speeds.

Hi,

Could anyone tell me roughly what speed their C3 (1.4 HDI) idles at. Mine is idling at 300-400 rpm. This is a little worrying as it stalls regularly and often judders when pulling away. There also seems to be a lot of play both on the clutch and the accelerator. Also yesterday, for the first time, I noticed the power steering turn off and the steering go very heavy; this continued until I pulled over and restarted the engine. Is this a common thing? I took the car back to the dealer but was told that nothing was wrong (admittedly this was before the power steering problem).

Thanks very much, Matt

Reply to
Matt Ellis via CarKB.com

Matt, That seems abnormal to me, my C2 HDI idles at about 800. When idling at

300-400, probably the steering system is "under powered" and can react the wrong way. regards. "Matt Ellis via CarKB.com" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@CarKB.com...
Reply to
Christian PRIEUR

Christian PRIEUR ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.fr) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

The power steering's electric - sounds more like yet another bug in the multiplexing...

Reply to
Adrian

you are right....

"Adrian" a écrit dans le message de news: Xns9632C04E6DC31adrianachapmanfreeis@204.153.244.170...

Reply to
Christian PRIEUR

I used to have a Berlingo 2.0 HDi Funny steering was the power steering pump (but if your's is electric you won't have that). Stalling and low idle speed was the EGR valve. Also had a problem with the accelerator potentiometer.

If that helps

Reply to
Michael Shaw