C3 wiper linkage design fault?

Has anyone else experienced problems with the C3 wiper linkage breaking? My wife's C3 had the linkage break over 3 weeks ago. Shitroen UK cannot supply
the part, 2 others dealers also have been waiting for the same part too for 3 weeks, Shitroen France don't have stock either the dealer tells us. They cannot give us any idea when the part will arrive. We are running around in a Renault Clio which Shitroen are paying for which isn't like for like in my opinion with the C3. It seems this must be a design fault as we know of 4 other vehicles waiting for the same part. If you ring Shitroen Customer Relations you might as well ring the man in the moon, they don't want to know. After owning a Saxo before, this is the last Shitroen we will ever buy.
After sales service is absolutely $£^$ing useless.