C4 110 or 92 BHP?

Dear all, I recently bought a new Citroen C4 VSX 110 BHP and I've reasons to believe that it's a 92 BHP! Is there an easy way to make sure that the engine is 110 BHP as opposed to 92 BHP? Please note that I still do not have a Vehicle Registration Book. Also, the rear of the car say "C4 Design". I thought the Design package was only available for the 92 BHP version! Regards, Stephen

Reply to
Xserty

Xserty

Xserty ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

What country are you in?

In the UK we get neither VSX or "Design" spec.

Reply to
Adrian

Xserty ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Citroen.ie does seem to say very clearly that if it's a "Design" it's

92bhp, if it's VSX it's 110.

What spec's the car got? The site seems to list the dual-zone climate as being VSX only, along with stuff like auto lights and auto wipers.

It's not impossible that the wrong badge got put on the car - nor is it impossible that the wrong car's been delivered.

Reply to
Adrian

Xserty ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

email me the VIN and I'll check it on Citroen's parts database, see what that reckons the build spec is.

Reply to
Adrian

Reply to
Xserty

Reply to
Xserty

Xserty ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Which would lean towards "wrong badge", but...

Like I said - email me the VIN.

Reply to
Adrian

Xserty ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Oh, ffs! Do you have any idea how many cars have the VIN visible through the windscreen, "for security reasons"?

Hiho. You don't want to know what _Citroen_ think your car is, that's not my loss...

Reply to
Adrian

The last time I gave my address (just weeks ago), I was selling my '94 Micra... they were supposed to view the car, but that very night they came and robbed the car instead! Now aren't there Micras in every street of the city? Who on earth would rob a '94 Micra? They F. did! So don't come and ask me details about me or the car!!! Hope that answers your concerns!

BTW, I can go or call Gallic Distributors for that > Xserty ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were

Reply to
Xserty

Xserty ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

There y'go - they did you a favour...

Seriously - did they know the VIN of your Micra? How would that help them nick it? Do I know your address?

If the C4 has a visible VIN (as the majority of recent cars do) will you be covering it up? Bear in mind that it can then be tied to your registration number, which we don't know.

Bear in mind we didn't even know what *country* you're in...

Personally, I think you're being massively paranoid. You could have had an answer by now... Good luck with the distributors - if they're anything like CitUK, you'll need it.

Reply to
Adrian

Reply to
Xserty

Vehicle Identification Number: uniquely identifies your vehicle.

2Rowdy wrote:
Reply to
Xserty

I was reading , made by the entity known as Adrian, that requests spam to be sent to and I became inspired,

Quie?

Reply to
2Rowdy

I was reading , made by the entity known as Xserty, that requests spam to be sent to and I became inspired,

Never heard of that. What's the purpose?

Reply to
2Rowdy
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

The chassis number. As clearly seen on a little plate through the windscreen of most cars made in the last decade (or two in the case of Ford, in particular).

Reply to
Adrian

I was reading , made by the entity known as Adrian, that requests spam to be sent to and I became inspired,

Thank's for the info.

Reply to
2Rowdy

Adrian haute in die Tasten:

In former times, every Citroen had an so called ORGA Number, which was different from the VIN (In Germany it is called "Fahrgestellnummer" = Chassis Number). AFAIK you can find out the exact manufacturing date with the ORGA, maybe it is helpful in other ways. On most Citroens I know, the ORGA is painted (not engraved or such) on the rear wall of the engine compartment. Posting the ORGA of one's Citroen should be harmless in regards of security.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

Frank Kemper ( snipped-for-privacy@gmx.de) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

But it won't tell you anything about the car, either.

If you've got a user name on citroen-pr.net, you can put a VIN in, and get back the complete spec of the car. The ORGA number just tells you what date the car was built. On recent cars, it's on the tyre pressure sticker on the door pillar.

Reply to
Adrian

Adrian, you mentioned citroen-pr.net in your post. I actually created an account on that site a got full specs of my car, confirming that it's a

110 BHP! Pity it doesn't mention if it has the "overboost". Guess I have to start another thread for this info! Anyways, thanks to everyone who participated in the discussion! Regards, Xserty

Adrian wrote:

Reply to
Xserty