C4 110 or 92 BHP?

Page 1 of 2
Dear all,     I recently bought a new Citroen C4 VSX 110 BHP and I've reasons to believe that it's a 92 BHP! Is there an easy way to make sure that the engine is 110 BHP as opposed
to 92 BHP? Please note that I still do not have a Vehicle Registration Book. Also, the rear of the car say "C4 Design". I thought the Design package was only available for the 92 BHP version! Regards,     Stephen
Xserty ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

What country are you in?
In the UK we get neither VSX or "Design" spec.
Forgot to mention that! I'm in Ireland. It was my understanding that the Design package was only for the 92BHP model, as the 110BHP model already has those extras. Regards,     Xserty
Adrian wrote:

Xserty ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Citroen.ie does seem to say very clearly that if it's a "Design" it's 92bhp, if it's VSX it's 110.
What spec's the car got? The site seems to list the dual-zone climate as being VSX only, along with stuff like auto lights and auto wipers.
It's not impossible that the wrong badge got put on the car - nor is it impossible that the wrong car's been delivered.
Hi Adrian,     the car seems to have spec that are specific to the VSX model, that is: dual-zone climate, auto lights, auto wipers etc., but I wouldn't rely on these items to clear all my doubts! Regards,     Xserty
Adrian wrote:

Xserty ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Which would lean towards "wrong badge", but...
Like I said - email me the VIN.
Really hope it's the wrong badge! Regarding the VIN I can't email it to you for security reasons, sorry! :( Thanks for your help, anyways! :) I reckon my only option is to go the a different (from where I bought it) Citroen dealer... Kindest regards,     Xserty
Adrian wrote:

Xserty ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Oh, ffs! Do you have any idea how many cars have the VIN visible through the windscreen, "for security reasons"?
Hiho. You don't want to know what _Citroen_ think your car is, that's not my loss...
The last time I gave my address (just weeks ago), I was selling my '94 Micra... they were supposed to view the car, but that very night they came and robbed the car instead! Now aren't there Micras in every street of the city? Who on earth would rob a '94 Micra? They F. did! So don't come and ask me details about me or the car!!! Hope that answers your concerns!
BTW, I can go or call Gallic Distributors for that information. Regards,     Xserty
Adrian wrote:

Xserty ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

There y'go - they did you a favour...
Seriously - did they know the VIN of your Micra? How would that help them nick it? Do I know your address?
If the C4 has a visible VIN (as the majority of recent cars do) will you be covering it up? Bear in mind that it can then be tied to your registration number, which we don't know.
Bear in mind we didn't even know what *country* you're in...
Personally, I think you're being massively paranoid. <shrug> You could have had an answer by now... Good luck with the distributors - if they're anything like CitUK, you'll need it.
Sorry, but just put it like this: I'm too paranoid! ;) Thanks anyway for your help!
Adrian wrote:

I was reading < and I became inspired,> VIN
Quie?
--
d:J0han; Certifiable me
http://www.aacity.net Citroen Newsgroup
2Rowdy wrote:

I was reading < and I became inspired,

Never heard of that. What's the purpose?
--
d:J0han; Certifiable me
http://www.aacity.net Citroen Newsgroup
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

The chassis number. As clearly seen on a little plate through the windscreen of most cars made in the last decade (or two in the case of Ford, in particular).
I was reading < gurgled happily, sounding much like

Thank's for the info.
--
d:J0han; Certifiable me
http://www.aacity.net Citroen Newsgroup
Xserty ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

<thinks> email me the VIN and I'll check it on Citroen's parts database, see what that reckons the build spec is.

In former times, every Citroen had an so called ORGA Number, which was different from the VIN (In Germany it is called "Fahrgestellnummer" = Chassis Number). AFAIK you can find out the exact manufacturing date with the ORGA, maybe it is helpful in other ways. On most Citroens I know, the ORGA is painted (not engraved or such) on the rear wall of the engine compartment. Posting the ORGA of one's Citroen should be harmless in regards of security.
Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance
Frank Kemper ( snipped-for-privacy@gmx.de) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

But it won't tell you anything about the car, either.
If you've got a user name on citroen-pr.net, you can put a VIN in, and get back the complete spec of the car. The ORGA number just tells you what date the car was built. On recent cars, it's on the tyre pressure sticker on the door pillar.
Adrian,     you mentioned citroen-pr.net in your post. I actually created an account on that site a got full specs of my car, confirming that it's a 110 BHP! Pity it doesn't mention if it has the "overboost". Guess I have to start another thread for this info! Anyways, thanks to everyone who participated in the discussion! Regards,     Xserty