C4 Parcel Shelf

Hi, Have any other C4 owners having problems with a rattle from the rear shelf on a 5 door model ? It appears that the shelf is not held in place by the rubber mounts on the rear hatch and so enable it to bounce up and down on rough roads. It not helped by the fact that the shelf is of hard material against the plastic trim.

Len

Reply to
Lenny

Hi,

no, never noticed this one (having a "C4" with 5 doors too). The shelf itself is well fixed in my car- no rattling possible. Have a look at / compare the fixture on an some other C4s- perhaps there is something different at your car? I'd show it to my dealer- letting him FIX this annoyance immediately! The only 'rattling' noise I know on my C4, and on really heavy roads only, is made by the foldable plastic baggage fixture below... Oh, well there is more: after 2.400 km (!) the turbo charger of my C4s HDI will be changed tomorrow- it made some trouble and produced some *very* disturbing noises too... :(

Greetings,

JS

"Lenny" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:SJTbe.17493$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net... : Hi, : Have any other C4 owners having problems with a rattle from the rear shelf : on a 5 door model ? : It appears that the shelf is not held in place by the rubber mounts on the : rear hatch and so enable it to bounce up and down on rough roads. It not : helped by the fact that the shelf is of hard material against the plastic : trim. : : Len : :

Reply to
Johannes Schreiner