C4 Service interval indicator

Hi guys, I have a 2005 C4 1.6 and the service indicator has just set to zero. Nothing strange I know but the day before it was registering 3000 miles. The car is
coming up to the 20,000 mile service and prior to this the service indicator was registering about right, the mileage is 16,700 miles. It is now at -50 miles.
Does this mean the service has to be done now or can it wait until closer to the 20,000 mile mark. The car is under its warrantee and I don't know if the service has to be done when the service indicator is at zero or if this is just an aid.
Any thoughts anyone.
Neil
neil wrote:

I assume its a petrol then its 2 years or 20000 miles the service indicator is mileage and time based hth Tim
Yes you're right it is petrol, it was first registered in July 2005. So do you think the service is due now then...? Neil

neil (neilp_67@hot_mail.com (remove_s)) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

The car does.

What don't you understand about "2 years or 20000 miles"?...
Just thought the 2 years wouldn't be until July, that was all. Neil

So you bought the car the very same day it was built then, I assume.....
:Jerry: wrote:

Depends if the garage reset the service counter on the p.d.i. Some don`t some do !
Looks like the dealership will tell me it's due now then. I was also curious why the counter jumped from 3000 to 0 from one day to the next, but that may be just the time related issue then.
Neil
Thanks for all the replies. For those who may be interested I contacted the dealership today and they told me to wait until the mileage indicator is closer to 20000 miles but no longer than 2 years. (which will be 28/07/07)
Neil

Site Timeline