C4 user experiences

Hi all

I am very close to buying a Citroen C4, my reservations being Citroens somewhat shady reputation. Are there any links to (dis)satisfied owners with fair descriptions out there? Not least: what is your own opinion? Any comment welcome!

Best regards Peter

PS: If I buy is the 2.0 litre worth the extra money compared to the

110hp 1.6?
Reply to
peter.koch.larsen

I've never had a problem with Citroen reliability, if that's what you mean by 'somewhat shady reputation'. I can't comment on the morals of Citroen owners in general, if that's what you mean. The company seems to have survived being swallowed whole by its chief rival, with remarkable aplomb; even elan.

You could try Google or .

Reply to
Whiskers

Whiskers skrev:

Perhaps this is only a danish/scandinavian problem: Citroen was known to rust to death and stop functioning as soon as they came on the Autobahn. My wife works at a company that among other things aids scandinavian motorers who have cartroubles abroad - and there Citroen owners were a bit to common, esp. wrt the hydraulic suspension system.

I believe that to be something of the past though, and also i will accept some problems if i in return get a car with soul and charm. I believe the C4 has both.

/Peter

Thanks for the hint. I've searched for Citroen C4 review, but reliability also is relevant ;-)

/Peter

Reply to
peter.koch.larsen

Peter, I've had my C4 VTR+ 1.6 diesel for 1 1/2 years and covered 18K miles average

44mpg Quite please but cannot say fault free. Two Recalls so far. One for chaffing battery cable and second for air bag problem. Other problems have been. Rattle from rear of car and found rear spoiler loose. Took some finding but simple tighten up. Electrical fault warning and service indicator coming up on display if left ticking over for 5 minute. Dealer said nothing to worry about. Broken windscreen due to poor fitting. Various bits of glue stain around door trims. Most annoying is when car hot inside the lid on the central storage box / arm rest keeps moving forward. I have noticed it appears to dent on doors from other careless motorists opening doors against mine, but I could just be unlucky!

Would think about service costs. 1.6 every 12K, 2.0 litre every 20K? I think. Firsts service £190.00. Which I thought was expensive.

I've had various cars over the years and perhaps I'm becoming more fussy as I get older but on the whole I do like this car! Great motorway cruiser and fun to drive. Had an Alfa before this.

Hope that's helps,

Regards,

Len

Reply to