C5 2 Litre SX Windscreen colour

My brother has 2 yr old C5 where he has had his windscreen replaced (stone induced crack).

The replacement screen is clear, without colour. He seems to remember that windscreens were colour co-ordinated (his car is green).

The windscreen guy insisted that a clear windscreen was required because his car has windscreen sensors for rain and light (auto wipers, headamps etc).

Unfortunately my brother cannot remember whether his original screen was coloured or not.

Anyone help?

Hardgrafter

Reply to
Hardgrafter

All the C5's in the UK have tinted windows.

You should be able to see a patch about 4 inches square either side of the rain sensor without the metallic coating. The windscreen is a slightly different colour when you get it in the correct light.

Easiest thing to do would be to park next to another C5 and compare them. It sounds to me like you are going to have to go back and complain bitterly.

A clear windscreen will make the car a lot hotter in summer.

Reply to
Mr Benny