C5 disconnecting the battery

I have heard that disconnecting the batty on the C5 resets a lot of minor faults it fact or fiction ?

Craig

Reply to
Craig

"Craig" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Entirely likely.

Anything modern and multiplexed will have a memory for fault codes, and a lot of systems will have "failsafe" modes.

If there's minor things had a sulk in the past (on a C5? Surely not!) then there may well be a pile of things that'd benefit from resetting.

Battery off, leave it for a few hours, battery back on - and be prepared for the alarm to throw it's toys when you first reconnect...

Reply to
Adrian

Cheers, might give it a try

Reply to
Craig

Reply to
Tim-mz500r

is there an electrical switch under the rear wiper or is it a mechanical release, and would spaying WD40 help

Reply to
Craig

Reply to
Tim-mz500r

I have today used a method for repairing the open/closing of this estate rear window using a method I got from C5-L Group on Yahoo.com.

Realise not same problem for you - but it does give detailed instructions how to get at the "solenoid" operated mechanism which works the window catch. Hope this link works for you....a bit long I'm afraid :-}

aiden

CITROEN = WATER CLOSET

"aiden" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I0246RM