C5 disconnecting the battery

I have heard that disconnecting the batty on the C5 resets a lot of minor faults it fact or fiction ?
Craig

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
they were saying:

Entirely likely.
Anything modern and multiplexed will have a memory for fault codes, and a lot of systems will have "failsafe" modes.
If there's minor things had a sulk in the past (on a C5? Surely not!) then there may well be a pile of things that'd benefit from resetting.
Battery off, leave it for a few hours, battery back on - and be prepared for the alarm to throw it's toys when you first reconnect...
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Cheers, might give it a try
gurgled happily, sounding much like

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
If its got sat nav WAIT 2 mins before disconnecting the battery quite expensive if you don`t ! circa 1500 pounds. your tailgate could be the wiring thro the t/gate or could possibly be the bsi aka the body computer we`ve done a few like it hth.
Craig wrote:

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
is there an electrical switch under the rear wiper or is it a mechanical release, and would spaying WD40 help
gurgled happily, sounding much

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Yep electrical switch nope wd40 won`t help.
Craig wrote:

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 11:08:27 -0000, "Craig"

estate rear window using a method I got from C5-L Group on Yahoo.com.
Realise not same problem for you - but it does give detailed instructions how to get at the "solenoid" operated mechanism which works the window catch. Hope this link works for you....a bit long I'm afraid :-}
http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/UDbGSTpKfJuSA79E_ZYuqKtdBDf2FIcfY7TuGUmYEk3gVZ-oaTn2o4Et-0as6NMLmzGjjx1RPHXog7q7BiYXLlHVbaeV/Opening%20rear%20window%20repair%20Citroen%20C5%20 (estate).pdf
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
CITROEN = WATER CLOSET