C5 Estate tailgate

Hi, I have a C5 2004 and it has the split tailgate, every time I close any door the glass part of the tailgate unlocks and sits ajar, I have looked at the locking mechanism and it looks fine, no worn parts firmly locked, but as soon as any door is closed it opens.

At first I thought it might be a bad connection but if I manage to get in the car without it opening I can drive it with no problems until I get out and close the door.

anyone have any ideas.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

I have today used a method for repairing the open/closing of this estate rear window using a method I got from C5-L Group on Yahoo.com.

Realise not same problem for you - but it does give detailed instructions how to get at the "solenoid" operated mechanism which works the window catch. Hope this link works for you....a bit long I'm afraid :-}

aiden

Hi Craig, you'll find the detailed explanation here

best regards

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Emmelmann

Best explanation I've seen for repairing this fault - many thanks!

JC

Reply to
Bald eagle