C5 window problem.

The drivers side window keeps coming down after i pu it up all the way, it will go all the way up, then come half way down again. But if i stop it before it is all the way up, then 'inch' it up, it seems to stay up. But
will randomly go down again. Anyone got any ideas ? It's driving me mad. I'll bet Citroen's will charge a bomb to look at it. It's a 110HDi estate,01 reg, & a high miler. Cheap, this is probably why.

Modern electric windows have sensors to stop people getting things trapped in them. I suspect yours does too.
Try putting your hand against the top of the window frame then hitting the one-shot to close the window. It should hit your hand and come down again.
Now I guess to fix it you need to adjust the sensor that decides where "proper" up is. Don't ask me where it is - I've never had one apart...
...yet!
CAS
CAS wrote:

Wouldn't it be safer to try with something that isn't quite so crucial? Like a rolled-up towel? :)
James.

On the grounds that the system is designed to *prevent* manual crushage then a hand presents itself as the ideal test subject.
However given that said system is already in error, the use of a hand substitute would be wise, yes.
;-)
CAS
djindivik wrote:

Has the battery been disconnected?
It says in the Xantia handbook you have to reset the anti-pinch device if the battery has been disconnected. Try this:
Open the window fully, then close it, it will only close part-way. Press the switch repeatedly until the window is completely closed. If the window descends intermittently whilst trying to close it, press the switch briefly and repeatedly until the window is completely closed.
Alan
Hi, yes it closes all the way up from fully open, in one smoothe movement. But then opens to half way again, it sometimes just opens on it's own from fully closed, when i turn the wipers to autowipe. The only way i can get it to stay fully up, is to stop it about half way up, then intermittently press/lift the switch to close the window a bit at a time. But then it might come half way down when i use the autowipe. Yipes ! ! Ray

I'll try the rolled up towel trick next. Ray

The battery has not been disconnected, & the rolled up towell brings the window down to the same place, so the pressure switch seems to be working, maybe the switch needs re-setting ?

Ive had this problem before on a 406.
Have you tried lubricating the window runners around the glass with silicone spray yet?
If the window senses any resistance on the way up, The safety featue winds it back down again.

Passenger side window has mind of it's own opens half way when wipers operated,refuses to go up with out struggle.
I have the same problem with the drivers window.But... When you lower first the window completely, then she goes always completely up in one push.