C8 fan problem

Hi, My C8 exclusive has the automatic air/con but, alas the fan has stopped working. My local garage think it may be the dial but are unsure and after
many bad dealings with my local main dealer I am loathed to take it there. Has anyone encountered similar problems? Thank you Mike.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

our fan hasn't stopped working but the dial is definitely iffy sometimes it takes more than a full rotation to turn the fans off and again to turn them on, whether it's on auto or not
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Thanks Weezy and Rowdy for your replies. The local garage called in an auto-electrician they knew who had worked on Peugeot 807s. He traced the fault to a electronic doofry-ferker (technical term) mounted on the fan itself. New bits ordered for £50. I know what you mean about the dial, I frantically spin mine like a man posessed to achieve the desired effect!! Hope you sort out your cruise control Regards Mong

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
I was reading < and I became inspired,

The fan on my Xantia had stopped together with the rear window heater. It turned out that the lock had a blow up. After replacement of the lock things worked again. Not sure if the same is possible on a C8.
--
d:J0han; Certifiable me
http://www.aacity.net Citroen Newsgroup