Central Locking not working

Hi, I have a 93 XM and last night when I came out of work the car was unlocked but still with the alarm on, So I tried to lock it again with no luck the
doors locked then promptly unlocked themselves but the alarm was on (it went off when I opened the door) I wondered if it was a battery problem but after a ten min drive home it's still the same! Reading through the Haynes manual gives no clues, has anyone come across this before ? or have any idea what it could be
Regards, Norman
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
<snip>

mine do this if one of the doors isn't quite shut
perhaps one of your door status sensors (or interior light door switches ...) is dodgy? check th e contacts for cr&p and clean 'em up with an emery (?) board or somesuch ....
atb
Dr D
Add pictures here
‚úĖ