Changing headlamp bulbs on a xsara VTS

I want to change the bulbs in xsara vts headlamps - however there is no rear access to either, nearside has the ABS bits hard up against the rear of the light, offside has the A/C and the water bottle. I figure the headlamps have to come forward, but I`ve removed enough parts to conclude that it looks like I need to remove the bumper and spoiler too, just to get access to the mounting screws. Surely this is not right? How would Citroen do it?

Reply to
Dave Walker

... short question: what does the maual tell? I know a similar problem on my wife pug 206. The manal SHOWS exacty how to change the H4 bulbs but... You'll need the the wire clamp that fixes each on to the reflector. Next time i'll call a gynaecologist...

"Dave Walker" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net... : I want to change the bulbs in xsara vts headlamps - however there is no rear : access to either, nearside has the ABS bits hard up against the rear of the : light, offside has the A/C and the water bottle. I figure the headlamps have : to come forward, but I`ve removed enough parts to conclude that it looks : like I need to remove the bumper and spoiler too, just to get access to the : mounting screws. Surely this is not right? How would Citroen do it? : :

Reply to
Johannes Schreiner

Sorry I can't help directly, but be warned- in the case of the C3, the manual tells you how to change the bulbs, implying you can do it yourself, whereas actually it's a garage bumper-off job.

-- History: the study of who crapped on who, when, why they did it, and the rationale they gave.

Reply to
tersono