Citreon Xantia TX TD 95

I have just had my cluch cable replaced at my local Citreon dealer and was told that they had to remove the dash panel and stearing wheel to remove the old one so as to replace with the new, due to the fact that the old
one had been fitted upside down. Has anyone had the same problem, or can this happen????
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
nobbybjn wrote:

Can't see how the cable could be upside down (or back to front) the ends are different.
Perhaps they meant the plastic 'clip' which attaches the cable to the pedal? - This is known to fail on TDs, frequently at 70k(ish) miles plus. What colour is it? the original clip is black, replacements are usually white (and stronger than the originals).
The plastic clip has a metal part which you remove to free the cable. If someone replaced the clip 180 degrees out, they wouldn't be able to withdraw the metal part because it would be towards the bulkhead and there would be no room.....
In any case, the easiest fix would have been to remove the clutch pedal complete to give access, that's what I do to replace the clip when it breaks. Total time say half an hour......
Alan
--
Warning! - This newsgroup may contain nuts....
Mail sent to this address might get read....Eventually