Citroen Bluetooth

Recently bought a brand new C2 VTS with bluetooth option.

The bluetooth option was factory fitted and is fully integrated within the audio system.

My samsung D600 phone connects but doesn't have full functionality (adress book etc)

I have tried a Sony Ericsson K750 and that works superb.

I contacted Citroen UK & they confirmed that Samsung D600 doesn't have full functionality but the Sny Ericsson does.

But the are not very forthcoming at telling me what phones do work.

They cant tell me why one manufacturers bluetooth works and one doesn't.

Anybody got Citroen bluetooth & can comment further.

TIA

Reply to
Bargains

Bargains ( snipped-for-privacy@here.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It's not a Citroen problem. It's almost certainly a phone problem.

The D600 only supports BlueTooth v1.2, the K750i supports BlueTooth v2.

Reply to
Adrian

Many thanks for that Adrian.....

Thats the sort of answer I was hoping to get from "Citroen Technical" but they just didn't seem to know why some work & some don't.

If this is the case does anybody know where I can get a full list of phones & their bluetooth versions.

TIA

Reply to
Bargains

Bargains ( snipped-for-privacy@here.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

To be brutally frank, it really isn't their problem. Some phones have a terrible bluetooth implementation, and just don't fully follow the specs. The fact the K750 works shows that the car kit is working.

A good phone retailer...?

Reply to
Adrian

Sounds like a dental problem to me. ;>)

Reply to
Gene S. Park

Bargains schrieb:

It's only in german but should be useful anyway:

Pick the vendor in the "Hersteller" drop down. Choose a model and you'll go to the model specific data. Click on "Erweiterte Daten einblenden" for more details and look out for bluetooth. There should be a link to "bluetooth-db" (only if the phona has bluetooth :)) where the bluetooth version is shown.

Reply to
tilo

Thanks everyone for your help. Much appreciated.

After a look around it looks like BMW & TomTom bluetooth systems have the same compatibility issues.

Many thanks

Reply to
Bargains

Bargains ( snipped-for-privacy@here.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

ITYM "Some phones with iffy BT implementatons have the same compatibility issues with BMW & TomTom bluetooth systems, too."

Blame where blame's due. You've already proved the Cit BT kit is fine, by demonstrating it working with the K750.

Lob the pikey Samsung where it belongs, the bin, and get a decent phone.

Reply to
Adrian

within the

I must say that the thought of a car manufacturer encouraging the use of (even a hands-free) mobile phone whilst moving is disturbing, there are proven links between the drivers use of a mobile phone and accidents / near accidents - but there again, I suppose, if people must use a phone whilst driving a hands-free or Bluetooth are the lesser of the two evils.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Any suggestions for a decent phone anyone??

Reply to
Bargains

Bargains ( snipped-for-privacy@here.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

What's your requirements for it? If you just want a good solid reliable phone that plays nicely with the BT kit, how about a K750...? SWMBO's got one, and I find it excellent.

If your requirements are a bit more complex, then uk.telecom.mobile is that way...--->

Reply to
Adrian

Nokia and Sony-Erickson

Reply to