Citroen C3 problems

Hello!
I have a Citroen C3 Desire, 53 Reg. I have a recurring problem where the Engine Management Fault light on the instrument panel keeps coming on and
the engine's power disappears. My dealer tells me they've fixed it, but it happens again. Is anyone else having this problem?
Thanks
AL
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
andrewl wrote:

Could be anything, you should ask your dealer what fault was stored in the enginecomputer, that might giva a clue...
Alwik The Netherlands
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
"Intermittent fault - Throttle Position Copy", whatever that means!

and
it
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

You suddenly got double Webers?
-- snipped-for-privacy@dod.no Fiat Stilo 1.6 3P -02 CitroŽn C4 1.6i Coupť -05 (ordered)
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
The C3 has drive by wire technology, the fault mentioned is a very common fault in DBW systems. It means the sensor that gives the acelleratorpadlle position to the MM system is not always present. The result of this is the MM system switching to a safe driving mode, wich results in severe power loss.
Cleaning any connectors in the sensor circuit or replacing will solve the problem. Replacing is the last thing you would like to do, the sensor is a very expensive part.

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Many problems also on Xsara site Fr http://monroe95.free.fr

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
I've got a throttle problem - sometimes - in as much as taking the foot off of the throttle doesn't always slow the car down.. especially at around 35 - 40 mph.. sometimes it tends to speed up a bit. Its been back 5 times, but they say 'nowt wrong'.. I reckon l'm going to sell it - shame really 'cos its comfy to drive... its an 03 reg diesel, 10,000 miles. Any suggestions what the problem may be please?. Cheers
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

off
35 -

Don't sell a good car.You have a solvable problem. The symptoms are the same as is used on racing motorcycles. It is called a back-torque slipper clutch which allows bikes to free-wheel into a corner.Definitely sounds like a software fault. Perhaps they incorporated it in error. Go back to the dealer as you are in warranty and insist that they contact the manufacturer and get it fixed.
Icedog.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Hi Icedog... thanks for the help. Went back.. but told its a bit different to a bike --- blar blar. Don't really want to sell the thing, but this accelerator problem is driving me nuts-- the damned thing wont do it when they go for a test run...... thanks anyway. Ramon.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

different
Cheers Ramon. Sorry couldn't help. Of course, unlike Honda and Suzuki, Citroen don't make bikes so may not even be aware that this facility exists as it is leading edge thinking, as was paddle gearchange a few years ago. AFAIK there is no actual clutch plate, merely a computer program module which part disengages the clutch on the overrrun. It would probably be linked to the electronic throttle. Hence a software matter, perhaps designed to improve fuel consumption.(anyone else out there with no braking on overrun?). For what it is worth my 2002 C3SX auto works perfectly, in fact if anything there is too much braking effect when I lift off. Of course it ante-dates this "technology."
Good luck - if you get a result please re-post with findings.
Icedog.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
I have this problem with the management light and loss of power,but only when I go round a right hand bend. anyone else had this problem.
Hammo.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
andrewl ( snipped-for-privacy@hmgcc.gov.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

An intermittent fault in the signal from the Throttle position sensor, then. In other words, the ecu doesn't know what the throttle's doing, so can't tell how much fuel to inject.
Probably just a duff connection somewhere.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Allright, the throttle position sensor measures how much you press the pedal, there's a variable resistor in it. In fact, for security reasons, there are TWO variable resistors. The measurements are compared, if they differ too much, the most likely value is taken. Also an error code will be stored, and the engine warning light will come on. No engine/environmental harm, and no drivebilityproblems, until the other one stops working... You should ask your dealer to just replace it (it's under warrenty I assume?)
Alwik The Netherlands
andrewl wrote:

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Al
I have a Citroen C3 SX, 52 reg, mine does the same, i have been to main dealer who told me they have fitted a resistor and updated the software, has only happened once since then. I have found that it occurs when the engine is just getting towards its normal temperature, i have found though that if park up and switch off everything, except the hazard lights!, and restart after a few moments all is ok again
Alan

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Mine will drive again too if I do what you describe. However, the little fault light does not go off! In the end, they replaced the "throttle body" and since then (touch wood!) it has not happened again. When it does happen, it is quite scary as you lose all power. So far it hasn't happened on the motorway, but I hate to think what I'll do if it does!
Incidentally, the latest problem with my C3 is that there is a creak/knocking noise from the pillar between the doors (driver's side). Dealership says some bodywork needs welding back together and it is a common fault! Very reassuring!
I bought my C3 new and in the 18 months I have had it, it has been back to the dealership 10 times due to faults (ie not for servicing). I would not advise anyone to buy a C3!

and
it
Add pictures here
‚úĖ