Citroen C4 automatic transmission

Hi all,

has anyone had any problems with the automatic transmission in the new C4? The dealer told me that all the Citroen types use the same transmissions so the question really apply=B4s to all Citroens owners with automatic transmission. I bought my car brand new in february and now the transmission is being replaced. It started acting funny after about 3 weeks. When the transmission was switching from 3rd gear to 2nd it went into nuetral for a couples of seconds and then it kicked into gear again. I took it to the dealer but he found nothing wrong with it but after a few days it started again and then it did not go into the

2nd gear from 3rd at all and the same applied to switching down to 1st gear. I had to switch back and forth from N to D to get the car into gear again. Now the car has been at the dealers workshop for a month as they had to wait a long time for a new transmission to arrive.

I also have a Xsara Picasso and I=B4ve always been a big Citroen fan but this experience has given me second thoughts on the quality of the car. I also complained to the dealer about rattleing noise in the steering wheel aswell as in the passenger side door. ( I=B4m quite sure they wont be able to fix that )

Regards

KRON

Reply to
kron

has anyone had any problems with the automatic transmission in the new C4? The dealer told me that all the Citroen types use the same transmissions so the question really apply´s to all Citroens owners with automatic transmission.

Have a 2002 C3 SX Auto and the tranny behaves perfectly OK. If it is the same system for all Citroens then you seem to have bought a "pup." Hope the new one works OK.

Tony.

Reply to
icedog

Have a C3 auto (electric version) the automatic gearbox seems to "hesitate" from time to time. If it happens (not frequent, eg. weekly) it always is between 2 and 3 and back. I do not remember if he had this before the software update six months ago.

Theo

Reply to
Theo van Riet

Have a C3 auto (version electric gearbox ) the automatic gearbox seems to "hesitate" from time to time. If it happens (not frequent, eg. weekly) it always is between 2 and 3 and back. I do not remember if he had this before the software update six months ago.

Theo

Reply to
Theo van Riet

Update!!

I finally got the car and everything was good ( except for those rattleing noise from the door and steering wheel ). Anyway, I had complained to the dealer that I was very unhappy about how long this work had taken and I was not 100% sure I could trust this new transmission. He then offered me a new C4 instead, at no charge for me. (It came as a suprise to me ) I said I was not sure if I wanted the C4 all together and ended up in a used C3 SX wich I really like. It=B4s much smaller then the C4 but feels roomier at the same time. It=B4s more efficient with the fuel consumption so I=B4m really satisfied and especially with the way the dealer acted. They bought back the C4 at the same price I payed for it and then sold me the C3 at a very reasonable price.

I=B4m pretty sure I=B4ll get me another citroen again from that dealer and I=B4m already starting to look at the C8 as an upgrade for my Picasso.

Regards Kron, Iceland

Reply to
kron