Citroen C5 Exclusive SE (2002) - Immobiliser?

I've been offered a Citroen C5. Whilst gathering insurance quotes I was asked if the car had an immobiliser. The current owner of the car does not know if it has an immobiliser but says:
"It does have a steering lock, if you press the button. Don't think it's got an immobiliser. Perhaps it's considered unnecessary with the steering lock."
I'm not familiar with immobilisers (I usually drive cheap cars which I assume don't have them) so I do not know if this 'steering lock button' constitutes an immobiliser.
I would have thought a C5 Exclusive would come with an immobiliser by default, considering all the other gadgets that are in the package.
Can anyone with knowledge of either immobilisers or 2002 C5 Exclusive SE Citroens advise?
--
-Toby, who...
‚úĖ

It certainly does.
As with virtually every modern car, there's a chip in the key and a sensor in the ignition lock.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

http://www.carpages.co.uk/guide/citroen/citroen-c5-guide.asp
Lists the spec of C5s - they all seem to be fitted with an immobiliser.
Regards
--
Neil

Add pictures here