Citroen Hydraulics

Neomat ( snipped-for-privacy@free.Fr) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

They made _diesel_ Activas? 1.9, 2.1, HDi?

Here in the UK, we only got the Activa with the 2.0 TurboCT petrol - but I had heard that other countries got the v6.

Reply to
Adrian

Yes with the 2.1L TD and 2.0 HDI both delivers 110HP for 1620Kg the ratio weight/power is too low with these engines if you want to "play" a little with the incredible grip of this car

Only 1200 V6 activa ( 194 HP up to 240 with some modifications ) were sold outside france so it's some kind of collection car :p

didn't know that only the 2.0TCT was sold in UK this engine is a monster when you "debride" it ( sorry doesn't know the english word for removing the performance limiters

Neomat

Reply to
Neomat

Hi Neomat. The Xantia Active uses a 6+2 hydraulic pump, the same as all Xantia's with the anti sink system. This uses the 6 piston part of the hydraulic pump for the power steering and the much smaller 2 pistons are left to get the car up and do the braking. As you can see the suspension and braking curcuits need to put a high demand on such a small pump, This together with the fact that the Activa has 10 spheres is probabaly the reason why you can hear the pump running for so long.

The spheres are as follows.

2 x front suspension spheres 1 x front suspension accumulator sphere 1 x front active ride sphere 1 x main accumulator sphere 2 x rear suspension spheres 1 x rear suspension accumulator sphere 1 x rear active ride sphere 1 x anti sink sphere Have they all been changed? as when the system is out of pressure, it will take longer to fill flat spheres with fluid than fully charged ones. Even the newest of the Xantia's will certainly need a sphere change by now, as typicaly a Xantia will get through it's spheres in about 3 years.

I agree the Activa is one fantastic car to drive, but there is the potential for a lot of trouble, this is why they did not sell very many here in the UK.

Regards. Slim.

Reply to
Slim

I knew the fact of only the "small" part of the pump was used for global hydraulic circuit and the "big" part for the steering .

6 pistons for smooth steering caus there is no accumulator to keep constant pressure if i remember. But what a poor technological choice to keep the original pump, the activa pressure demand is far beyond. For example after a little ride on little ways if you stop for a 30 Second break when you restart ( not the engine, the ride lol ) in the next 100 meters the pressure drop suddenly and recovers slowly ( conjoncteur-disjoncteur ? )

yes probably my spheres weren't all in good shape but i can't verify i don't have anymore this car. it finished in a wall .... damn snow !! not a big shock ( 15/20 kph ) but sufficient to break oil carter, the three radiator, the front hydraulic device and the whole front shield.

Anyway thanks for your knowledge even if i have some difficulties on some vocabulary (yes i'm french and not a grammar fan :p )

Neomat

"Slim" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Vincent Bellazzi

replying to Slim, Hazza wrote: Hi I have a Citroen c5 estate and need the curly pipe and can not find one can you help

Reply to
Hazza