Citroen Picasso.

After three great trouble free years of motoring with my 1.8 petrol Picasso, I have just ordered a 1.6 diesel version. Do you of you who own one know if the fuel figures are as good as the book says.?
Ken
Wakefield.
UK.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Sorry should have read ..
After three great trouble free years of motoring with my 1.8 petrol Picasso, I have just ordered a 1.6 diesel version. Do any of you, who own one know if the fuel figures are as good as the book says.?
Ken
Wakefield.
UK.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Try this site lots of info John
http://www.citroenpicasso.org.uk/picasso /

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Great .. thanks for that.
Ken

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
I have a 1.6 HDi but have only covered about 900 miles at present. So far fuel consumption is 44.6 mpg, much less than I expected. I am hoping that after the running in period this will improve. There seems to be an astonishing increase in fuel consumption between 60 mph and 70 mph, more than at any other 10 mph band. At 70 mph the consumption is about 44 mpg and at 60 mph about 62 mpg. Overall the fuel gauge seems to be quite accurate, I'm not sure about the current usage figure though which often shows 100+ mpg!
Checkout
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Hi there,
Well I have just yesterday picked up the Picasso and so far only done 66 miles . Thanks for the info and after the hols I will be able to tell if mine is the same in the running in period. I think a higher consumption over that time is understandable.
Out of interest when I was picking up the car I got chatting to a bloke who was driving a Picasso 2.0ltr and it had done 78,000 miles. He tells me he has run it on 50% diesel and 50% filtered chip shop oil which he gets from his Brother in Law's shop!!! . HE recons apart from a funny smell at times he doesn't notice any difference.
Ken

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

need to pay duty on any fuel used to run a road vehicle.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Too true. Apparently the police have self tuned their noses to the exhaust smell of Haddock and chips!!!!
Have a great holiday.
Ken

Add pictures here
‚úĖ