citroen saxo 1998. air bag warning light

Hi i have just bought a saxofor my son. i have had it fully serviced and a new cam belt fitted. the air bag warning light comes on at start up and flashes for a few
minutes then stays illuminated. How do i re-set this?
‚úĖ
mick C via CarKB.com ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.CarKB.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

This may seem obvious, but the easiest way to stop it coming on is to fix the problem that's causing it to come on...
It's not got some silly MaxPower steering wheel, has it? If so, it may well not actually HAVE a windbag.
Failing that, it's most likely to be fractured wiring to the seatbelt pretensioners.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Pretensions are standard equipment on a Saxo, are they? :-|
--

Ian

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Ian Dalziel ( snipped-for-privacy@lineone.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Adrian ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

<checks Oct '96 Cit price list> Yep, standard on all UK Saxos, even base spec.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

If it was me, I'd want it looked at properly to make sure the airbag is working okay. That's not the sort of thing you want to find out when you're hit by an oncoming vehicle.
‚úĖ
mick C via CarKB.com wrote:

First thing to try is looking for dodgy wiring connector under the front seats. In many Peugeots and Citroens from this era the quick fix for airbag and SRS errors is to cut the connector out and solder the wires together instead.
Douglas
Add pictures here
‚úĖ