Citroen Synergie 1.9TD Sunroof

Hi, I have a problem with my electric sunroof. It will not close properly. The only way to shut it is by continually pressing the switch and it will close in 100mm steps or occasionally it will open again. I think that the trouble is related to defective relays but I don't know where they are. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Reply to
Frogboy

Frogboy ( snipped-for-privacy@t5.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

First thing I'd look at is that it's closing easily enough - it may be that the runners and cables have got a bit gunked up, and it's sticking. That could well be causing the "Ooops, somebody's got their head stuck in it" sensors to trip.

Reply to
Adrian

Adrian, The roof on this was a little slow to close and I have loobed-up the runners with silicon spray but it made no difference. I think that there is an IR sensor at the front which tells the motor to switch off if it detects an obstruction although I'm not sure if it is operational. From memory the cable is toothed which is how the worm gear on the motor drives it round. The cable is only visible for about 1/2" either side of the motor and the rest is inside a protective covering. what is the best way to clean / lubricate this? I've checked the switch with known good one so it is not that. Thanks

Reply to
Frogboy