Citroen Xantia 1.9 Turbo

I have a 1998 Citroen Xantia 1.9 Turbo and twice now have had the immobiliser come on and render my car useless. The first time it happened I was at Calais and had to be towed 100 miles home, however the next
morning the car started without a problem. The second time it happened was at home approximately 9 months after the first time. Can anyone explain why this is happening and how to stop it/manage it please.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Does your car have the keypad in the center console, so you have to type in a 4 digit code number before each start of the car? If so, it is quite easy to disable the immobilizer: Pull the keypad out of the console, insert right code number, switch on ignition, unplug connection cable between keypad and immobiliser unit, push the keypad back into place.
Disclaimer: I am not a Citroen mechanic. But my Xantia has a disabled keypad and it does not show any trouble during startup.
Frank

CitroŽn Xantia - Made in Trance
‚úĖ