Citroen Xantia 2.1 td Exclusive

I have a Xantia 2.1 T D Exclusive. That has a problem with the windscreen wipers . The wipers will only work on slow speed and don't self park.( the car is fitted with a sensor on the screen) can any one tell me where the timer / relay is fitted , or what the problem might be

Thanks Minty.

Reply to
john-malpass

( snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Almost certainly a problem with the motor itself.

Reply to
Adrian

Reply to
john-malpass

when fitted to my 1.9 td it works fine any other sugestions welcome

Reply to
john-malpass

It is not the wiper motor as I have fitted it to my other xantia a 1.9 td lx and it works just fine ( still have not herd where the timer relay is fitted ) ?.

Reply to
john-malpass

( snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

OK, if it's not the motor, and it's not a poor connection to the motor, it's almost certainly the ignition-switched "permanent" 12v feed to it.

Reply to
Adrian

In pre-98 Xantiae, the wiper relay was under the habitacle fuse box/diagnose plug compartment (I'm not really sure where the hell is into an UK car: at your right, right?) I understand that post-98 cars should have the relays in the same place, but there are at least three relays involved: two for the rain sensor and one for the "regular" intermitent wiper.

and 13 are the rain sensor relays, 18 is the other one.

Reply to
Gasket