citroen xantia

hi there has anyone have had a problem with there central computer console where you put your code in to start the car. I have had both lights (green and red) at the same time come up when i try to start the car!

Anyone out there with any advice!

Reply to
alex24

Hi Alex,

If my memory serves me correctly this denotes that an incorrect security code has been entered three times. If that is the case then you have to leave the car with the ignition ON for 30 minutes before trying again.

HTH

Reply to
SteveG

SteveG wrote in news:aeq8h.4017$k74.2443 @text.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

Sounds like a good reason not to stall on a level crossing ;-)

Reply to
Tunku

This Happened to me , and i left it as the book says for 30 mins , but with the ignition OFF .

Then it worked fine .

Mine was an 98 xantia 1.9 td .

Reply to
Nos

Hi Alex, did you sort your problem out? What was the answer?

Reply to
SteveG

I will try what you said steve, but i know this already and i havnt put in the code wrongly in 3 times! It is a strange thing in where i get in the car and i havnt put any codes in the car yet, i turn the ignition on and sometimes both lights come on. I then, switch it off and then turn it back on. I normally have to do that several times before it just goes on the red light and you put the code in and then then the green light comes on and it starts!

Does this help with any advice anyone could give me!

SteveG wrote:

Reply to
alex24

Once you've got the car started prize out the console and unplug it. Then you never need to enter the code again. Replace it to keep the look of the thing.

Reply to
malc