Citroen Xantia alarm and immobiliser questions

Hi all, I just bought a used xantia and a need a little guidance on the operation of the alarm and immobiliser, I know the code to get the car going but would like to change it to something a little easier for me to remember and that the previous owner doesn't know! How do I do that?

Also the alarm triggers when it should, there is much flashing of lights, but no noise, flashing lights round the back of the house are just not going to wake me up when some toad takes a fancy to my new pride and joy, how do I turn the noise back on? I suspect it's something to do with the keyhole under the bonnet just in front of the passenger's seat but I could be wrong, I don't want to go messing with it till I know what I'm doing......

I asked the guy I got it from but he's no wiser than me at the moment, he'd had the car for about a week, then needed the money, I got a bargain but no owners manual :)

In eager anticipation.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Simper

neil

Many thanks Neil, that's much appreciated.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Simper

I can tell you how to change the code on a Citroen ZX if they are the same - I don't know, but it might be worth a try!

Unlock car, then type in four digit code; the light goes green, then immediatley enter a fresh four digit code. Turn key off, and lock car again, then unlock car, and use new code. The old code is also still active until you activate the new one sucessfully, so don't panic if it doesn't work! Point to note - I don't know if it is the same as the ZX, but if you call your local citroen dealer, they will be able to tell you!

Reply to
sjl170

The keypad on my Xantia worked like this AFAIR:

Change code =========== Switch on ignition, enter current code - light goes green. Press "C" Enter new code. Press "C" Enter new code again Press "C" If everything is okay, you get three or 4 beeps and the new code will now work. I *think* you could revert back to the old code just by entering it if you forgot the new code the first time you switch the ignition on again.

Service code ============ Use this to take it to the garage for service without giving away your real code.

Switch on ignition, enter current code -- light goes green. Press "S" Enter code you're going to give the garage Press "S" Enter code you're going to give the garage Press "S" Get beeps again. After this, every time you turn on the ignition it will beep a number of times. The service code will work until you enter your normal code again.

Take care - it's expensive to replace if you lock yourself out!

Cheers,

Reply to
Steve Durbin

Many thanks Steve that worked a treat, I no longer have to rack my brains for the code every time I want to start the car :) thanks also go to sjl for taking the time to suggest a possible solution.

Regards.

Mark. "Steve Durbin" wrote in message news:dpmm1q$ju6$1$ snipped-for-privacy@news.demon.co.uk...

Reply to
Mark Simper