citroen xantia alarm problem!!!

*Hi my citroen xantia* has a code for the alarm. Recently my husband changed the battery and when i went to put the code in, it wont recognize it at all.
Nothing!! what can i do? the normal code is just not registering. Please help...i have school runs to do and i'm really stuck. tried and tried!
Add pictures here
‚úĖ