Citroen XM spare wheel

The spare wheel that came with my second hand car has spacers permanently attached to the 5 holes which take the 'wheel nut' bolts.
The running wheels don't have them.
This means that if I fit the spare wheel, the standard 'wheel nut' bolts will have only half of their thread length in the wheel hub.
This concerns me!
Is there a reason for this or have I been given an incorrect wheel?
P.S. Do you know of any Citroen breakers in South London or Surrey?
Regards,
Rudge
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Rudge ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

And so it should concern you.
That's a spare from a car that originally had alloy wheels, not steels - the alloys have different bolts, with square shoulders.
DO NOT USE THAT SPARE WITH YOUR BOLTS.
You have two choices - get hold of a set of the correct bolts (expensive from Cit) or get hold of the right wheel. (Easy)
If you're anywhere near M25 J17, I can sort you a standard steel wheel as a swap for your ally-spare-steel one - the tyre's the one thing that'd make it tricky - but there's tyre places near me who'd swap it over cheap enough. My email works.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ