citroen zx advantage

my engine keeps cutting out. Not a fuel problem.Anybody got any ideas

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
petermm wrote:

Diesel or Petrol?
--
Malc
You will pay for your sins. If you have already paid, please disregard

OK, I'm not too good with modern petrol engines. Why are you sure it's not a fuel problem? No leaks in the fuel lines, fuel filters clean etc?
Does it cut out in particular circumstances eg, when hot/cold, on a hill, when idling etc? When it cuts out have you checked to see if there is a spark (yes I know it's difficult if it cuts out on the road).
-- Malc
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

My car (xantia 99 exclusive) kept giving more gas when I held in the clutch and then it could die in seconds. It was something controlling the "idle running" of the engine.. Not expensive but F..G annoying...lol. At least until they found out what it was...
Add pictures here
‚úĖ