Citroen ZX judder !

I have a Citroen ZX that has developed a side ways judder at the front end.It only occurs between 35 and 50 mph when accelerating hard, it fades in gradually at 35 mph approx and dies out sudenly once the car reaches 50
mph,they are very short sharp juddering movements although the steering is not affected. A couple of mechanics have taken a look but are baffled as to what is causing it. The tracking has been checked and is spot on and nothing appears to be bent. Any help much appreciated........thanks
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
DIDO000 wrote:

Have you had new tyres fitted recently?
My wife's AX had some 'oddball' shakes and judders at about this speed and the local Citroen mechanics could find nothing mechanically wrong. This happened after fitting a couple of 'cheapie' tyres to the front wheels and when she changed all four a few months later, the problem disappeared.
May be worth a look
Brian G
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

That's a good idea. I had the same on a BX after some cheapies were fitted to the front. I moved them to the back because the car was virtually undriveable with them on the front. Then one of them grew a huge blister on the inside.
--
Malc

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
I had the same experience with daughter's AX - cheap oriental rubber on the front and it flapped like a wounded pigeon up to 40 - fitted a pair of Uniroyals and the vibes vanished.
TF

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
I have just sold my old ZX. Just a few months ago, I had the same problem. It was indeed the tyres. All they needed was to be re-balanced. it cost me ?10 at my local garage. Hope this helps. J
Add pictures here
‚úĖ