'Clicking noise'?

I've noticed a clicking sound coming from the dash (driver's side) on our 54 Picasso. I seems to last for a few minutes after starting then subsides (or
I forget about it!)
Any ideas?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

My wife's N reg ZX used to do something similar, a rapid series of clicks from behind the dash, slowly tailing off until they stopped. I always put it down to a relay, it sounded a bit like the click the indicator gives. Sometimes it would go for weeks without doing it, other times it happened whenever you drove the car. Of course it would never do it anywhere near a garage or mechanic!
Nothing ever seemed to go wrong so we stopped worrying about it after a time.
We sold the car to my business partner's daughter two years ago. It's still going strong (or I would have heard about it) and I assume it's still making the noise.
Regards
--
Neil Pugh

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

On a Morris Minor or MG Midget, that sound would be the electric fuel-pump, located on the bulkhead in the engine compartment.
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Indeed. But since neither the ZX or Picasso in question has an SU fuel pump... <thankfully>...
The ZX will almost certainly be the indicator switch - my N-reg XM did very similar, including one episode of the magic smoke escaping - on Park Lane in evening rush hour....
The Picasso, though... Gawd knows. Probably a paranoid relay of some kind.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Well actually, with of my new job I'm usually finished for the day between around 12.30 - 2.30PM, so I'm finding myself with a lot of free time available :-)
I'll have a jaunt up to the dealer's and have a word with them about it.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Could it be the speedo cable ? If such things exist ant more. Am i giving my age away ? Ray

Add pictures here
‚úĖ