Clutch lifetime in a Picasso

I am the owner of a 2001 Picasso 1.8i which has done 52.000km - the clutch seems to be wearing down. Does anyone know the "expected lifetime" of the clutch in such a car ?

OLe

Reply to
OLe

OLe ( snipped-for-privacy@online.no) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

A hell of a lot longer than that. Anything up to three times that, mebbe more.

If you use it properly.

If you don't, then possibly less even than that.

Reply to
Adrian

I also have a Picasso,

2.0 HDI, 2001 'Y'

Coming up fast to it's 50k service and the clutch travel to bite point is getting close to the top now .... I assume this means not much clutch life left.

Much, most in fact, of my driving is urban and I'm the type who will use engine braking and hold on the clutch on an incline, so I figure 50k on a clutch is average really. I'm sure a more frugal/gentle driver would gain much more life out of it.

Looks like an expensive service coming up (front brake pads need a change too)

I'll report on details & costs when it's done (couple o weeks time) .... at the local Citroen dealer!

Reply to
Seany

Lots of topics and faults about the Picasso join in the discussions

OLe wrote:

Reply to
mark taylor