Diesel warming in Picasso?

I wonder if it's normal to NEVER see the diesel preheating light in a Xsara Picasso? Mine never lights up, and I have checked the bulb by swapping with the one next to it and it's fine.

Should I book it in for a service, or is this common?

Reply to
Clarion

Think it needs to be very cold before it comes on in the modern 2.0 HDi engines. My Berlingo has never lit up either - and it starts almost instantly.

IM

Reply to
Ian

The Picasso HDI will put its glow plug light on, but, it is on for so little time, the filament in the bulb won't begin to glow.

If I remember correctly, I read somewhere at zero degrees, the HDI glow plugs work for a quarter of a second.

When it was cold last year, I saw the briefest glimpse of light when turning the key. The car statrted perfectly.

Reply to
Mr Benny

Thanks folks. I saw it briefly this morning. Panic over!

Reply to
Clarion

Try this site for Picasso problems

Johnnie Scott