Diesel warming in Picasso?

I wonder if it's normal to NEVER see the diesel preheating light in a Xsara Picasso? Mine never lights up, and I have checked the bulb by swapping with
the one next to it and it's fine.
Should I book it in for a service, or is this common?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Think it needs to be very cold before it comes on in the modern 2.0 HDi engines. My Berlingo has never lit up either - and it starts almost instantly.
IM

Xsara
with
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

The Picasso HDI will put its glow plug light on, but, it is on for so little time, the filament in the bulb won't begin to glow.
If I remember correctly, I read somewhere at zero degrees, the HDI glow plugs work for a quarter of a second.
When it was cold last year, I saw the briefest glimpse of light when turning the key. The car statrted perfectly.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Thanks folks. I saw it briefly this morning. Panic over!
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Try this site for Picasso problems
http://www.citroenpicasso.org.uk/forum/index.php ?

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
The heater light will come on very briefly. Depending on outside temp.Only on VERY cold mornings ie -4 deg c last winter just a couple of seconds.In our normal British climate you will assume it does not work.

Add pictures here
‚úĖ