Disable 5mph cutout on Citroen C5 video screen?

Has anyone ever attempted to disable the LCD video cut on their Citroen C5?

I've found one thread talking about it but the original poster never came back to describe their progress:

I have the same problem and would like to know if anyone's had any success.

I don't intend to watch video whilst driving - I intend to use the audio-in connectors to connect to my portable music device.

Reply to
Toby Newman

Toby Newman ( snipped-for-privacy@asktoby.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Ummm, why do you need the screen working in order to listen to audio from an external source?

Reply to
Adrian

The C5 has composite video-in connectors in the glove-box. There is a yellow one for the video signal and a red and white pair for left/right audio. It's very easy for me to connect my portable music device to the audio connectors and get the signal sent straight to the in-car amp. This works very well until you pull away and reach >5mph when the video and audio cut out!

Perhaps there is another audio connecter somewhere which I could use. It's the C5 Exclusive HPI and has a CD changer under the driver's seat.

Any advice welcome.

Reply to
Toby Newman