Do I buy a C2 or not ?

A question for the forum. I'm going to be looking for a new car possibly in the next few months. I quite fancy a C2 - like the looks, like the idea of a 1.4 HDi with the semi auto box etc. But I'm finding
loads of people with problems, it cuts out and so on.
Whats the verdict ? Do I keep it at arms length and go for something else ? Problem is that the alternatives don't appeal. The Clio just leaves me cold, whilst the 206 is sold by a dealer I won't touch here.
Anything positive or negative welcomed.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
To my understanding the stalling problems were on the C3, I have not heard of a repeat on the C2, but I would do some research first - try Google - it should bring up lots of readers reviews. I thought that the stall was a problems on the petrol model - but I could be wrong about that.
Also check out www.parkers.co.uk they have free reviews online and should give some useful advice.
Matt.

‚úĖ
I shall give parkers a try. Thanks.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Chris Moore) haute in die Tasten:

I drove some 20 minutes in a C2 diesel and was very amazed, because I can't remember having ever been seated better in such a small car (and I am taller than 2 meters). From what I have heard, most of the C2 problems come out of the semiautomatic speedshift gearbox with its tiptronic paddles. Although I am an auto-gearbox lover I would recommend to skip this option and go for an ordinary manual gearbox. Apart from that the car seeems not to be that bad at all. And it will be definitely more reliable than a Clio, which has become worst in his class in the german ADAC survey.
Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance
‚úĖ
I own a C2 VTR 1.6 ( automatic) for 1 year now. I got no problem at all with it. It is not as smooth as a real automatic gearbox but for the town traffic no fight with the clutch! A nice toy indeed.

Add pictures here
‚úĖ