Driving a '74 CX

Hi,

I have the option of acquiring a '74 citroen CX 2400. How's that car for daily use (short distances)? Are CX parts hard to get in general?

I do have a backup-car - my girlfriend's peugeot 206, which I can use in case it breaks down.

The current price is 3500 euro. It could use a paint job, but would that increase the value?

Regards,

Pieter

Reply to
Pieter Jansen

Pieter Jansen ( snipped-for-privacy@pitr.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Some stuff will be, because that's a VERY VERY early CX. For short distances? It'll be fine, the mechanicals are bomb-proof, but it'll be very thirsty.

You'll want to be looking very closely at it for rust - all CXs rust well, but before about '80, they rusted VERY well indeed.

Nowhere near as much as a decent paint job would cost.

Reply to
Adrian

Pieter Jansen ( snipped-for-privacy@pitr.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No such thing as a '74 2400.

'74 CXs were 2000 or 2200, the 2400 didn't come out until about '76.

Reply to
Adrian

Perhaps it sort of grew up? A lot can happen in 30 years ;))

Reply to
Whiskers

Metal-bugs made it bigger ;-)

I was wrong - it's a 77 CX 2400 :-)

There is rust on the bottom of the doors, though.

Pieter

Reply to
Pieter Jansen

Pieter Jansen ( snipped-for-privacy@pitr.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :