Driving a '74 CX

Hi,
I have the option of acquiring a '74 citroen CX 2400. How's that car for daily use (short distances)? Are CX parts hard to get in general?
I do have a backup-car - my girlfriend's peugeot 206, which I can use in
case it breaks down.
The current price is 3500 euro. It could use a paint job, but would that increase the value?
Regards,
Pieter
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Pieter Jansen ( snipped-for-privacy@pitr.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Some stuff will be, because that's a VERY VERY early CX. For short distances? It'll be fine, the mechanicals are bomb-proof, but it'll be very thirsty.
You'll want to be looking very closely at it for rust - all CXs rust well, but before about '80, they rusted VERY well indeed.

Nowhere near as much as a decent paint job would cost.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Pieter Jansen ( snipped-for-privacy@pitr.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

<thinks for a brief moment> No such thing as a '74 2400.
'74 CXs were 2000 or 2200, the 2400 didn't come out until about '76.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Perhaps it sort of grew up? A lot can happen in 30 years ;))
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers
Whiskers schreef:

Metal-bugs made it bigger ;-)
I was wrong - it's a 77 CX 2400 :-)
There is rust on the bottom of the doors, though.
Pieter
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Pieter Jansen ( snipped-for-privacy@pitr.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :