ECU tuning

Hi all I have a 2001 Dispatch/Jumpy 110 HDI and Im thinking about getting the ECU remapped acording to tuning CO it should give 40HP + better fuel eko
True or false ? and how much did it cost
have anybody tryed remapping there ECU themself if so how when and how much and where do you get the cable
Hope some of yous can help ;-) Soren Jim (Belfast)
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

an extra 40 seems a bit high but generally good improvements can be made with remapping (ask to see the 'before and after' torque curves) ... but at what cost to the engine? longevity WILL be affected ... how long do you need your van to last? and how fast do you need it to go!

anything from 10p for a 10K resistor that you patch into your MAF sensor to fool the ECU into hosing more fuel in ... to £400 for a proper rolling road remapping by someone who knows what they're doing ...

modern engine management systems are very complicated and are composed of many interactig maps. It's not really a job for an enthusiastic amateur I'm afraid ... definately not Plug 'n' Play!

try PC world ;-)
I'd google around some tuning forums for more info in case I'm really out of date though ...

best of luck Steve
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Thanx think Im going to leave it with the proff he gave me an offer to do a remap incl roadtest for £295 would like to run my clock back just around 3000 miles My dansih insurence is give me a hard time becouse i have taking one trip to UK im over the 5000km a year mark (totally unfair they will charge another 300£ a year) and i have 18 years of no claim B........ planning to keep the van for a few years more it was more for the fuel EKO than the extra HP
cheers Soren

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Jim wrote:

best of luck with the tuning but dont turn the clock back ... it's just not right
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Just pay up and look big!
--
Rod

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
<snip>

fuel EKO

Makes one wonder why Citreon have not mapped the ECU correctly...
Add pictures here
‚úĖ