Electric ZX, anyone...?

Has anyone considered converting a '93 Citroen ZX to pure electric power? Seems to be a good basis as the bodywork is rust-free and some of the panels are plastic. I like the car but the engine has had it at 166K
miles. First hidden problem I can think of is that it will need electric PAS (200gbp minimum to convert a used electric unit for standalone use).
Does anyone have any experience or (clean) comments?
Bill
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Fantastic project. There is a lot of info on the web if you search, try this one http://www.speedace.info/electric_cars.htm which has a load of links. Also do a search for Lynch electric motors, which are very powerful, and efficient, disc armature DC motors. Here is a start. http://www.lemcoltd.com/products.htm There is also a newsgroup, alt.binaries.electric-veh and, though I can't find it at the mement, there is an organisation of amateur electric car builders with a website.
Good luck, Let us know how you get on. Brian.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

this
This might be another starting point http://www.evuk.co.uk/index.html Not exactly what I was looking for, there was an electric vehicle day ay Brooklands Museum a couple of years ago, and I was looking for the organisation who ran it. There were several converted cars there.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

links.
Found it, the Battery Vehicle Society http://www.bvs.org.uk /
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Bill ( snipped-for-privacy@goldie-family.org.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

"I wouldn't start from here"...
First off, just lob the rack from a non-PAS ZX in. Personally, I prefer ZXs without PAS - sure, they're heavy to park, but they're FAR nicer once you're on the go. If you insist on electric PAS - take the setup from a Saxo, p'raps?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Adrian wrote:

Thanks Adrian - good advice. BTW, I'm not currently gurgling happily, I'm gurgling unhappily every time I take a breath due to a chest infection! Bummer.....
Add pictures here
‚úĖ