engine fault-reasons for

My citroen picasso has just flashed up engine fault and the warning light has come on constant.Also the ESP warning light comes on intermittantly with this engine fault warning. What can the cause be and is the car still safe to drive?

Reply to
adrianandrews

Have you used Tesco or Morison's petrol?

Reply to
S W

No, but if I can find a receipt....

Reply to
:Jerry:

I had a similiar problem with a C5 2.2 Hdi engine. Difference was that it was flashing "ESP/ASR not functioning" and subsequently "Antipollution fault". Warnings were disappearing after few starts of engine and suddenly appeareing again and again with no reasonable cause. Proxia test showed no disorders. Try to drive at lower gears, keeping engine about 3000-3500 rpm for few hundreds kilometers. That should clean up the catalysator and the FAP, if there is one in your car.

Regards

Reply to
Radek R