Favourite Citroen engine?

Is your favourite modern Citroen engine
Indirect injection diesel (eg XUD 1.9) Direct injection diesel (HDI) Direct injection PETROL (C5 HPI) 8 valve petrol
16 valve petrol?
My favourite is the direct injection HDI engine because it can be very quick when needby, and you dont have to take it about 2000 revs when being gentle.
Ben
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
In alt.autos.citroen on Thursday 18 Sep 2003 8:33 pm, Ben Cowell
snip

I only have experience of two Citroen engines; a 2CV6 and the one in my ZX 1.9D. I have been favourably impressed by both of them. The 1.9D is the most reliable car engine I've ever used [1] (I bought it second-hand with over 82,000 miles on the clock; the first owner was a commercial firm, and I doubt if the car was treated gently by them, although it was properly serviced). I'm not sure if it qualifies as a /Citroen/ engine though; isn't it also used in Peugeots?
[1] Now I'm scared to go near it in case it proves me wrong!
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^ Interested in Citroens?
-- Whiskers <http://www.aacit.net
Whiskers wrote:

The 2CV is by far the most reliable, if correctly maintained :)
Bm
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
In alt.autos.citroen on Saturday 20 Sep 2003 4:44 pm, Badmuts

Mine was a very poor starter, after a couple of years; the Citroen garage couldn't get it any better. But they were the garage who forgot to tighten the bolts holding the carburetor onto the manifold, and the cable clamps attaching the foot-pedal to the throttle valve, so I wouldn't be surprised if they could get a few other things wrong too.
Even with the loose carburetor, the car got me from Manchester to the outskirts of London before refusing to go another mile. The Citroen mechanic I found who was actually working on a Sunday, bodged a repair with a bit of wire coathanger and a piece of tin cut from an oil-can, to get the car going again - and that bodge was still working perfectly five years later when the car was written off by a speeding motor-cyclist. So I have to admit, that does reflect rather well on the toughness of the engine :))
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^ Interested in Citroens?
-- Whiskers <http://www.aacit.net

I've had the 1,8 16v (XU7JP) in Peugeot 306. Now I have the HDI (110 bhp) in a Xantia. I love the diesel. My father has the 3,0 24V V6 petrol engine - it's nice but not ok when driving 50kkm a year. :-)
/Peter, DK.
-- http://www.grauslund.com
Add pictures here
‚úĖ