Flashing temperature display

Hi everyone,
I have a Xara Picasso and during cold months of the year I get annoyed by the flashing "low temperature outside warning".
If the temperature drops below 4C the display flashes constantly to inform
me about the possibility od "black ice".
Can this feature be turned off?
In my previuous car (Opel) the indicator flashed only for 30 seconds and then it was lit.
Any idea?
Can this be re-programmed somehow?
Looking for your kind reply,