For citroen tuning

My car is citroen zx series 1.4, and I want to enhance the performance of its suspension system and engine. Could you give me some advice about which suspension kits or engine
tuning method is appropriate for zx series. Many thanks
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
highshift ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.cn) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

The cheapest and most effective way to tune a 1.4 ZX is to sell it and buy a faster one. Anything else is just throwing money away.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Maybe what you said is right but I think it will be more funny if you make a old under-developed car rebirthed. I can not find out reference books, and it seems no kits for my car here. Of course I am clear you way what you advised me is convenient.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

I'm with Adrian - sell it and buy a Volcane - then tune that!
CAS
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
highshift ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.cn) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Maybe "funny" - but it will cost a lot more, and you will end up with a 1.4 that's slower than a Volcane but uses more fuel, needs more maintenance, and (certainly in the UK) would cost you a lot more to insure.

.CN - China? I have *no* idea about what's available there, but your best bet is probably to look for AX engine tuning parts - the 1360cc engine is the same in both. For the suspension, use standard Volcane parts.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
I have a idea. That, put xsara's engine (2.0 liter)into engine area to change existing engine. Would you like to measure my idea is possible or not.
Many thanks
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

I'm not 100% sure but I would reckon the Xsara 2L is the same lump as the later ZX 2L lump?
If that is the case it should be a bolt in and forget job. However you still run the risk of seriously bumping up your insurance premiums for modifying the car away from manufacturers spec.
I still maintain that your best bet is to flog the 1400, buy a volcane (which *should* have uprated brakes and suspension) and tinker with that - you will get a much better result for much less outlay.
CAS
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Many thanks for your advise. You suggest me to buy a volcance, but would you like to tell me more about this car. Because I have not heard it.
Thanks you.
Highshift
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
highshift ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.cn) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It's the "quick" version of the ZX. Either 1.9TD, 1.9i or 2.0i. They also did a 2.0i 16v version of the 3-door.
I don't know about what was available in China, though - I presume yours is a DongFeng rather than a "Citroen"? Is it the 4-door-with-boot?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
I am very pleased it seems you are well-known DongFeng's things. What you said is correct, my car is the 4-door-with-boot. The engine is TU3JP but which is a little different from Fance version, adjusted to conform to chinese road conditions. I can not find out a appropriable engine in china for replace the existing engine. I am very pleased to heard that there seems appropriate engines for using from your concernful advise. If it is possible would you like to tell me how much about the 2.0i engine.
Many thanks.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
highshift ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.cn) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Right. But you think we know what's on Chinese roads better?

There are *here*. There? God knows.

What is there to say? It's the same engine as any 2.0 Citroen or Peugeot of that era. 306/BX/405/Xantia/406/XM/605.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ