Goodbye to a great car

Page 2 of 3
Message i.d.:< inspired me,

Next time, since I have no mates with welding torches, I'll ask you two. I'll bring a crate, or two, of beer along.
--
d:Johan; Certifiable me

http://www.aacity.net Citroen Newsgroup
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Not even any need for welding. The doors attach with roll pins, and the wing bolts on.
Adrian wrote:

But, sparks are cool.
--
ah fait loucher un bon oeil

ah ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No, they're definitely quite warm.
Adrian wrote:

Buda-bing!
--
ah fait loucher un bon oeil

ah wrote:

I know what you mean. It just isn't the same unless you can use the acetylene torch to cut some metal. Even if it's just a piece of scrap that you sneak in so you can put on a show. Then you can turn to your girlfriend and say something like "I had to wear that strange helmet because if I stare at the flame without one, it'll destroy my retinas and I'll go blind." The bravery drives women wild. Gets you laid eleven times out of every ten tries.
CL
CL wrote:

I only ever used the helmet for arc-welding, for gas cutting and welding I just used dark goggles. Is there someone I can sue?
--
dvus

dvus wrote:

For what? Not going blind or not getting laid?
CL
CL wrote:

YES!1! How much can I get?
--
dvus

CL wrote:

My employer purchased a plasma cutter last month--last weekend, I cut a 10cm dia. "sun" out of 1/4" steel in about 30 seconds.
It was easier than buttering bread.
If I can remember, I'll post photos.
--
ah fait loucher un bon oeil

ah wrote:

Kewl, but does it make proper sparks or is it just an efficient cutting tool? A lot of these modern ways of doing industrial stuff have taken away all of the smoke, sparks, and steam from the actual work. People can't tell how hard you're working any more because you're not giving off sparks. I blame the Japanese.

Yes, do that. Especially the ones with sparks and smoke.
CL
CL wrote:

It blows (really fine) sparks half a metre.

Dam, yur gana make it difficult--I suppose you'd like a short movie, too?
--
ah fait loucher un bon oeil

ah wrote:

Posted in the usual place...
--
ah fait loucher un bon oeil

ah wrote:

I looked, and there they were. Right where they said they'd be. Needs more sparks, though. Not enough colors.
CL
CL wrote:

http://andyrew.info/cns/samples/plasma2.mov
That's a plethora of sparkasis!! The type of metal is the limiting factor, I think . . . maybe if we used Yerpeen steel . . . ?
--
ah fait loucher un bon oeil

ah wrote:

That might do it. I was also considering what kind of ground up metal filings you might want to stuff inside that tube for a good sparkler effect. A little copper, a dash of molybdenum, some sodium, if you're a real man, a bit of zinc, and maybe break out the oxygen bottle, respirator, and protective suit and gloves ... then add a dash of cadmium and beryllium.
CL
CL wrote:

Odd, I've never associated zinc with manhood . . . .
He has an argon tank on the welding rack . . . is that flammable?
--
ah fait loucher un bon oeil

ah wrote:

Only one way to tell. Cut it in half with that plasma torch. Say, got any propane tanks layin' about?
tm wrote:

I blew one with a M-16 a long time ago . . . darned things are a bit too 'spensive to be used a targets these days <g>
--
ah fait loucher un bon oeil

No, not only non-flammable, inert as well. Used as a shielding gas instead of flux. Will still go *boom* just from being highly compressed....

If your in the US, should be lots of them with the old style valves for cheep. Costs as much for just the valve as a complete new tank.
--
William