Goodbye to a great car

I looked, and there they were. Right where they said they'd be. Needs more sparks, though. Not enough colors.

CL

Reply to
CL

That's a plethora of sparkasis!! The type of metal is the limiting factor, I think . . . maybe if we used Yerpeen steel . . . ?

Reply to
ah

That might do it. I was also considering what kind of ground up metal filings you might want to stuff inside that tube for a good sparkler effect. A little copper, a dash of molybdenum, some sodium, if you're a real man, a bit of zinc, and maybe break out the oxygen bottle, respirator, and protective suit and gloves ... then add a dash of cadmium and beryllium.

CL

Reply to
CL

Odd, I've never associated zinc with manhood . . . .

He has an argon tank on the welding rack . . . is that flammable?

Reply to
ah

Only one way to tell. Cut it in half with that plasma torch. Say, got any propane tanks layin' about?

Reply to
tm

Just don't breathe the vapo(u)rs or it will cut yours short ... and the rest of the living cells in your body, too. A little bit, taken as an organic element in food is very good for you. Breathing fumes containing the stuff is very much otherwise.

There's one sure way to find out ...

Reply to
CL

Ah!

I long for the olden days when metals were metals, and gasses were gasses.

Reply to
ah

I blew one with a M-16 a long time ago . . . darned things are a bit too 'spensive to be used a targets these days

Reply to
ah

No, not only non-flammable, inert as well. Used as a shielding gas instead of flux. Will still go *boom* just from being highly compressed....

If your in the US, should be lots of them with the old style valves for cheep. Costs as much for just the valve as a complete new tank.

Reply to
William Bagwell

Oh! It makes for a clean weld, right?

Everything seems to have gone to Insto-Replaceo "Rhino"-esque tanks.

Reply to
ah

Yes, no slag to chip.

Hmm, using argon to purge a propane tank. Message-ID:

Reply to
William Bagwell

Hey Billy Bagwell (sorry, it reminds me of a Hobbit), how is it you are familiar with metal working? I just always pictured you as a guy with a pocket protecter and a lap-top under your arm.

Reply to
dvus

Yes!

I'll stick to brick.