HDI intercooler

I'm thinking of adding an intercooler to a xsara 90 HDI. Can anyone give me instruction/diagrams/pictures of how to do this, or even take pics of the

110 bhp engin and post them here?

Many thanks

Reply to
Christopher Rogers

while I admire your jfdi attitude I suspect this would not be an entirely simple thing to do.

I imagine a good place to start would be the 110 i/c, hoses, mountings, sensors (?) and all clips etc etc

I imagine the 110 would have a different turbo tune to the 90 - perahps even a different turbo frame ? dunno - ask an expert on here! or check the part nos at your friendly local main dealer ...

Also I dont know what the ECU would do - I'm sure the calibration will be different for the 110 due to i/c etc. And if you do have any new sensors, check you've got somewhere to plug 'em into ...

Best of luck though and let me know how you get on as I have a 90hp Xantia that could do with a bit more go!

Steve

Reply to
drd

drd ( snipped-for-privacy@CITYZOO.COM) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I suspect a good place to start would be to put a "For Sale" sign the 90 and look for a 110.

I mean, it's not as if a diseasel Xsara is exactly a rare beast...

Even if it IS relatively easy to change over, it would need to be reported to the insurance as a modified car.

Reply to
Adrian

It would be easier to just add a tuning chip, for a couple of hunderd pounds, and get 115BHP. Just do a search for "hdi tuning" on Ebay.

Reply to
Brian

I have the chip. I have an intercooler from another hdi engine and it just seems like a waste not to fit it...

  • it just seems like a good pastime...
Reply to
Christopher Rogers

GO FOR IT!

what chip have you gone for? are you impressed? should I get one for the Xantia ?

Reply to
drd