HDI intercooler

I'm thinking of adding an intercooler to a xsara 90 HDI. Can anyone give me instruction/diagrams/pictures of how to do this, or even take pics of the 110 bhp engin and post them here?
Many thanks
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Christopher Rogers wrote:

while I admire your jfdi attitude I suspect this would not be an entirely simple thing to do.
I imagine a good place to start would be the 110 i/c, hoses, mountings, sensors (?) and all clips etc etc
I imagine the 110 would have a different turbo tune to the 90 - perahps even a different turbo frame ? dunno - ask an expert on here! or check the part nos at your friendly local main dealer ...
Also I dont know what the ECU would do - I'm sure the calibration will be different for the 110 due to i/c etc. And if you do have any new sensors, check you've got somewhere to plug 'em into ...
Best of luck though and let me know how you get on as I have a 90hp Xantia that could do with a bit more go!
Steve
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
drd ( snipped-for-privacy@CITYZOO.COM) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I suspect a good place to start would be to put a "For Sale" sign the 90 and look for a 110.
I mean, it's not as if a diseasel Xsara is exactly a rare beast...
Even if it IS relatively easy to change over, it would need to be reported to the insurance as a modified car.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

even
part
sensors,
It would be easier to just add a tuning chip, for a couple of hunderd pounds, and get 115BHP. Just do a search for "hdi tuning" on Ebay.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Brian wrote:

I have the chip. I have an intercooler from another hdi engine and it just seems like a waste not to fit it...
+ it just seems like a good pastime...
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

GO FOR IT!
what chip have you gone for? are you impressed? should I get one for the Xantia ?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ