headlight bulb

How do I replace the bulb? Does the glass pop off or do I take the whole thing apart? Not the most technical of people

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Assuming that you're talking about a headlight bulb on a Citroen of some sort, doesn't really help to clarify the question. Perhaps if you could give a few clues about which model, someone might actually have a useful answer. (Modern vehicles of all makes with 'faired in' headlights, usually have a bulb-holder on the back of the headlamp unit, accessible from within whatever part of the vehicle the lamps are associated with - eg the engine compartment).

Ssshh, no-one will notice ;))
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

‚úĖ
Brian ( snipped-for-privacy@SPAMOFFntlworld.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

That's the first I've ever heard of that - and if it DOES exist, the vast majority of modern cars (especially smaller ones) will fail miserably. Hell, 40 MINUTES is probably unachievable for many.
Do you have any reference to it?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Adrian wrote:

AOL. Although I could do both Xantia headlights in under 40 minutes after a couple of practices.
--
Malc

"AFB Mr Tracey."
‚úĖ

According to the driver manual on my daughter's Lupo, you HAVE to take the car to a sevice agent to get any bulbs replaced. I get the feeling that this might take a little more than even 40 minutes. Strange really when you think that the laws in many european countries require you to carry a spare set of bulbs - just in case the dealer has run out I suppose?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Brian wrote:

Bizarre isn't it? Why make bulb changing so difficult? Surely it couldn't be a way of racking up dealer profits or am I being toooo cynical?
--
Malc

"AFB Mr Tracey."
‚úĖ

to do that, after all they are putting pressure on Government to prevent home maintenance on cars.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ